Have you ever tried to cook quinoa….and it turned out to be a squishy, gelatinous blob??
Please say I’m not alone here LOL!
Since learning these quick cooking tips my quinoa cooking has changed dramatically and now I actually love it and it comes out perfect every.damn.time!!
How to Cook Quinoa
1. Wash your quinoa. Use a fine mesh strainer to thoroughly rinse.
2. Add 1 cup of quinoa and 2 cups of water to a pot. For a lighter quinoa with more of a “bite,” America’s Test Kitchen recommends a 1:1 ratio.
3. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to bring it down to a simmer; cover for 15–20 minutes.
4. DON’T lift up the cover to see what’s going on — let your quinoa cook in peace.
5. Remove from heat and fluff with a fork.