Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
I’m whipping up these little morsels in anticipation of my refeed day this week!! HELLO!! Cookies for breakfast!!!
For all of my fellow Obsessors this is what I’ll be eating ALL day this refeed day!! Cookies for breakfast…cookies for lunch…cookies for dinner …cookies…cookies…cookies!!!!
1/4 C extra-virgin organic coconut oil, solid
1/2 C coconut sugar
1 large egg yolk
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 cup gluten-free all purpose flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp sea salt (or himalayan)
1/4 C dark chocolate chips, 70% cacao or more
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
3. Combine oil and sugar in a large mixing bowl, using a hand mixer; beat until well mixed.
4. Add egg yolk and extract; mix well. Set aside.
5. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl; mix well.
6. Add oil mixture to flour mixture; mix well.
7. Fold in chocolate chips.
8. Roll into Tbsp. Sized balls and place on prepared baking sheets.
9. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
NOTE: Cookies can be stored for up to 3 days in an airtight container.