The one thing I crave most is chocolate ….so naturally I HAD to make these cute candies. If you’ve never dabbled in chocolate making rest assured it is super easy to do and the results…mmmm…to die for….
2 cups of Dark Chocolate Chips or wafers (like Merkens)
1/2 cup smooth natural peanut butter
1. QUICK METHOD: Melt chocolate chips in microwave in 30 second intervals until almost melted. Continue to melt in 10 second intervals until smooth.TEMPER METHOD: I like to temper my chocolate when I make these, simply because tempered chocolate doesn’t separate (you know when chocolate gets that white ‘bloom’ on it?) and it makes it crisp and shiny!I temper mine over a double boiler. Since I used Merkens I gave them a rough chop to get them to melt faster and more evenly. When you do this set aside about 1/3 of a cup from your 2 cups. Once the chocolate is fully melted ensure it reaches a temp of 121°F but not higher than 131°F. I used a meat thermometer on mine but you should probably use a candy thermometer. Once your chocolate reaches the proper temp remove from heat (mine reached it almost as soon as everything melted). Stir until fully melted and smooth, continue stirring and add in the 1/3 cup of chocolate remaining. Continue stirring until this addition melts and the chocolate drops to about 90°F. Now continue on with the rest of the recipe!!
2. Using a tablespoon measure 1 tbsp of melted chocolate into the bottom of your silicone mold.
3. Swirl the mold while the chocolate is still liquid and ensure it coats up the sides of the mold about halfway.
4. Place mold in freezer for about 10 minutes to set chocolate.
5. Once you pull the mold out use a teaspoon to drop peanut butter into the chocolate mold.
6. Once all molds are full use the tablespoon again to pour chocolate on top of the peanut butter to ‘seal’ the candy bottom.
7. Allow to set in the freezer for 10 more minutes.
8. Pop your candies out of the molds and they are ready to eat!!**Keep chocolates in the fridge until ready to be eaten. They also make a great frozen treat!**